- (1) Regular schedule: Departing from Nanliao Fishery Harbor at 8:00 every day, circling around Lüdao clock-wise along County Highway 90, and returning to Nanliao Fishery Harbor. Total time is 40 minutes. 12:00 to 13:30 is break time. The last bus departs at 17:00.
(2) Hail-and-ride: passengers can get on and off the bus anytime along the route. Buses will not wait for passengers at the stop. Please take the next bus when you want to get on again.
Fares: Full-fare ticket NTD100. Concession ticket NTD50 for children under the age of 12, seniors at and above the age of 65, and the disabled.
(3) Guided bus tours are also available. Total tour time is 2 hours and the fee is NTD3000. The bus will tour around major attractions, briefly stopping and waiting at Human Rights Culture Park, Guanyin Cave, and Sleeping Beauty Rock for passengers to visit the spots.
- (1) Low-carbon trips: We offer themed tours at the East Coast Scenic Area Administration. Visitors are encouraged to bring their own toiletries and reusable utensils, use low-carbon transportations such as walking, bicycles, and electric motorcycles, and experience the area with professional guidance in a way that benefits the local environment and eco-system.
(2) When conducting water sports:
a. Please seek guidance from certified instructors.
b. Please choose a company whose business scope in their business registration includes “Waterside Entertainment Activities Business.”
c. Please choose a company whose public liability insurance coverage is above 3 million NTD.
- (1) Opening time: 9:00-17:00 (Last entry at 16:20)
Summer opening time: 9:00-18:00 (Last entry at 17:20)
Full-fare ticket NTD100
Concession ticket NTD50 (Seniors at and above the age of 65/ Children under the height of 120cm)
Discounted ticket NTD80 (Students with IDs/ Groups of more than 10 people)
Free entry (Residents of Fengbin Township or Jiqi Village with National IDs/ Volunteers with volunteer honor cards/ Visitors with disabilities (including one accompanying visitor)
- Tour bikes are offered to visitors. There are two routes:
Route 1: Xiuguluan River Visitor Center -> JiJheng Ranch -> Qinglian Temple -> Xiuguluan River Visitor Center. Total time: 1 hour. Suitable for all visitors.
Route 2: Xiuguluan River Visitor Center -> Ruisui Ranch -> Xiuguluan River Visitor Center. Total time: 2 hours. Suitable for visitors in good fitness.
Bikes can be borrowed from Xiuguluan River Visitor Center. Contact: 03-8875400.
- Currently, the Taiwan Tourist Shuttle is operated by Dingdong Bus Coastal line. Between the departure station of Taitung Terminal and the destination of Sanxiantai Recreational Area, there are 23 stops at various tourist attractions on the route. The total trip time is 105 minutes. For any questions about the schedule please call Dingdong Bus at 089-332334 or visit the Taiwan Tourist Shuttle website (http://www.taiwantrip.com.tw/).
- Baxian Cave visitor center：(089)881418
Sanxiantai visitor center：(089)850785
ECNSAA Headquarters：(089)841520 ext.1800
Xiaoyeliou visitor center：(089)281530
- Camping Area, Xiuguluan River Rafting Center (03)8875400 No.215, Sec. 3, Jhongshan Rd., Ruisui Township, Hualien County (Near the Rueisuei Bridge)
Camping Area, Jiqi Beach Recreation Area (03)8711251、(03)8711356 No.6-1, Jiqi Village Fongbin Township, Hualien County
Shitiping Camping Area
No.52 Shitiping, Fongbin Township, Hualien
Xiaoyeliou Camping Area
No.500, Sec. 1, Songjiang Rd., Taitung City, Taitung County
Ziping Camping Area
The Casuarina Woods in front of the ecology study center, Green Island
- There are three free shell exhibition places, about 2 km away south of Sanxiantai. Closed on Mondays.
There is a marine life exhibition museum in Chenggong Township.
- Yes, there is a pothole called Hesiangu’s Bathtub. The pothole is about 5m long and 4m deep, and located behind the Lyudongbin Rock.
- Baxian Cave is the local name for the geological scenic spot, which is formed due to seawater corrosion during the process of uplift of the earth’s crust. There are totally 16 caves of different sizes from top to bottom, of which 13 caves have names. The eight main caves are Lingyan, Chaoyin, Yongan, Hailei, Ganyuan, Chaochen, Kunlun, and Shueilian. The other five caves are Guanyin, Tudi, Dicang, Longshe, and Chaoyang. A safe wooden footway has been built to link these caves. Tourists will need 40 minutes to one hour to stroll between caves and listen to the music of the waves